The majority of our childhood memories will be made up of our favorite cartoon programs. Getting back from school and watching an endless stream of cartoons was normal for almost every kid. Let’s take a look at my top 5 list of cartoon programs:
1) Tom And Jerry- In this rivalry between a cat and mouse, this brilliant cartoon series involves constant chases and battles enjoyed by parents and children alike. Occasionally, the excessive violence was criticized for being unsuitable viewing for young children. But nobody can deny that Tom and Jerry will remain in our memories, and in history, as one of the greatest cartoons of all time.
2) The Simpsons– Winning dozen of awards and breaking records for the longest running television scripted series, the Simpsons is viewed by a range of audiences, varying in age across the globe. The Simpsons make up an example of a dysfunctional family, also intending to mimic American culture and society whilst putting a comical spin to it.
3) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles- This team of battle-hardened turtles were trained by their leader- a rat who is a master of ninjutsu. They battle enemies ranging from alien invaders to evil overlords, all whilst remaining in the confines of their sewers. Originally appearing in comic books, the teenage mutant ninja turtles were extremely popular during the early 1990’s.
4) Looney Tunes- Featuring some of the most famous cartoon characters, such as Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and Tweety Bird, Looney Tunes was released in the 1930’s and has since became a worldwide franchise. Today, Looney Tunes feature in an array of individual TV series, comic books and even computer games.
5) Rugrats- There was always something so interesting about the adventures of these pesky toddlers. The program was centered on the brave and adventurous Tommy, and included a number of his friends including Chuckie, Phil, Lil, Angelica and others. The group would go on wild adventures as their distracted parents carry on as if nothing is happening.
Cartoons have developed massively over the past couple of decades. Advances in technology have led to the creation of a number of hugely recognized series. With the introduction of cable management companies are making a real push to bring out new cartoons. There is no telling what they will come with next, or what the next generation of kids will be watching.
Author Byline: Estelle Page is writing on behalf of AV4Home, who offer an excellent range of television accessories ranging from TV stands to wall mounts.